The Community Development Association of Abu el Nomros was established in 1948 and registered according to law 32 for 1966 under registration number 15. It has been starting to work according to law 84 for 2001 issued by the Ministry of Social Affairs. The Community Development Association started to carry on income generating activities by making brooms from 1960 and also rugs and brushes to clean the floor, then a tailoring center for women and girls has been added in 1966; a nursery for babies and Illiteracy Elimination Activity (2 classes) have been run since 1990. The CDA future targets :
- Creating best life through establishing
- Developing and supporting income generating activities for the community and improving people's technical and management skills in Abu El Nomros society.
The CDA wants to achieve it's targets through :
- Preparing a management team able to plan, organize, orient and follow up
- Preparing a technical trained team able to study, analysis, follow up and achieving the targets
- Preparing a future plan based on analysis of programs, the implemented policies, analysis of the external environment surrounding of the association and the variable factors which affects the project .
The Egyptian Italian Poverty Alleviation Programme (PAP) :
The CDA of Abu el Nomros joined the PAP since 1998, participating in the credit scheme amounting to 3,150,259 EGP up to 30/06/2004 with very high performance (payment percentage 100% per month, no delay in payment from the borrowers) and reaching a total number of 1,515 beneficiaries . The PAP provides minor rehabilitation works and two staff salaries, the CDA participates with its assets and furniture.
So far, different projects have been funded through the micro-credit: Commercial, Industrial, Agricultural, Cultural.
Services offered through the CDA to the whole community of Abu el Nomros include:
- Provision of job opportunities to some of the graduated.
- Funds to some existing income generating activities in order to help them to continue and increase their capacity.
- Training the beneficiaries from different projects and also train the association staff.